Precise Tucker a 7 year old Queens girl is left brain dead in a hanging prank gone wrong at the family home. How a young girl’s penchant for playing pranks led to tragedy.
Precise Tucker a seven year old Queens, NY girl has been left brain dead after trying to play a prank on her mom and brother only to accidentally hang herself.
The unfolding tragedy happened as the child tied one end of the bathrobe belt around her neck and the other on the handle of the refrigerator in the family’s kitchen.
The nypost reported Tucker still tied at the neck and snacking on potato chips when her mother, Purity Baldwin, temporarily left the room.
Police sources said Baldwin, 39, told Tucker to ‘knock off the horseplay’ before walking out of the room with her 15-year-old brother.
Baldwin told police that Tucker had a history of pulling pranks on the family that ‘involved her being physically injured or appearing to be deceased’.
Precise Tucker hanging prank gone wrong:
The significance of the hanging prank gone wrong only became apparent when Tucker’s brother entered the room only to find his sister choking around 8.30pm on Wednesday.
They called 911 and removed the chips that had become stuck in Tucker’s throat before starting CPR.
Told next door neighbor, Debi Pawluk, a former EMT, who had been summonsed by the girl’s family via the nydailynews, ‘I got the chip out of her mouth. She threw up. I cleared the ventway so I can do the CPR’.
Pawluk said the bathrobe likely had nothing to do with why Tucker choked.
Astoria, neighbor Jose Rivera saw first responders put Tucker on a stretcher, ‘pushing on her chest as they ran’ into the ambulance.
‘It’s a tragedy,’ Rivera said via the nypost. ‘That poor little girl.’
Offered another neighbor, Dennis Mandoros, ‘She is a sweet little girl. I’ve known her from the time she was born.”
‘When I see her, I’d say, ‘Hello, little girl.’ She said hello back,’ said Mandoros, 70. ‘She is a happy little girl.’
Told neighbor, John Tziastoudias via the nydailynews, ‘They just had a new baby, a baby sister,’
Adding, ‘It was not her (Baldwin’s) fault at all, but accidents happen and it was terrible, and I would have never expected it to happen in this building.’
How did a seven year old girl learn to play the hanging prank?
Tucker was taken to the Long Island Jewish Cohen Children’s Medical Center, where she began to breathe on her own again after CPR was administered.
But by Thursday morning the little girl was on life support.
A specialist had been called in the night before and Tucker failed every test, Baldwin’s sister told the tabloid.
The child has since been declared brain-dead.
Police are investigating the incident. The family has no prior history with the Administration for Children’s Services. The tragedy has since led to commentators on the web asking how the little girl came to know about the prank, dares often popularized on youtube and what compelled her to continue playing the ‘game’.