Crooked teeth? Traditional Braces vs Invisalign. Dental patients are being afforded treatment choices- but which one is the right one for you?
Crooked teeth are dentistry issues that can cause many problems such as difficulty in cleaning which in turn lead to gum diseases and cavities. The crooked tooth is more likely to chip or break in sensitive circumstances along with many other tooth problems as a result of misalignment.
Crooked teeth may be running in your family or can have some different causes such as:
* Having destructive habits like sucking thumb. It can pressurize the gum and jaws that lead to crooked teeth.
* Premature shedding of baby tooth also causes misalignment as the permanent tooth does not get the guidance to its right position.
* And late shedding of the baby tooth as it crowds the gum and permanent tooth does not get the space to rise.
Crooked Teeth Treatment
But the problem is not incurable. The treatments are available along with the dentist helping patients solving them from an embarrassing situation. There area number of treatments available such as teeth contouring, teeth bonding, teeth crowning but most commonly braces and Invisalign.
What are the traditional braces and Invisalign braces? Braces are the device made up of metal (that can be stainless steel, copper, nickel titanium, or molybdenum) resins (plastic or porcelain). They are tools used in orthodontics to align the teeth and help them in straitening. Braces are also helpful in fixing the teeth gaps as well as helping in maintaining dental health.
Invisalign can also be called as clear-alignment. They are an alternative to traditional metal braces. They are transparent and made of plastic. They are also devices in orthodontics used to adjust the tooth alignment.
Pros and Cons of Braces
There are some advantages that are enough for convincing to choose traditional braces such as:
* They are available for all the ages from 7 to 77
* They are easily adjustable, and adjustment can be changed if required
* They are preferable for younger patients as they do not need extra care
Along with the advantages, braces have some downsides too such as:
* The application of the braces may irritate gum and cheeks.
* Sometimes the patient is restricted to eat some sticky food as it may harm the device or teeth.
* The risk of breaking the device is always there too.
* It may cause tooth discoloration.
Pros and Cons of Invisalign
There are some advantages of using Invisalign over traditional braces such as:
* They are less noticeable while wearing.
* The patient does not need to visit the doctor more often asan appointment would be a need in 2-3 months.
* Cleaning the devices and teeth is easier. Just remove them and brush your teeth as usual.
But some cons are also there with Invisalign such as:
Both braces and Invisalign are useful depending on the patient. The choice can be deferred according to necessity.