Gloria Chubb recently took to making a delicious dinner for her family. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, yummy gravy and of course green beans. But suddenly Gloria Chubb and her son suddenly lost their appetite. Why?
“My son put some on his plate and said, ‘What is that?’” Chubb goes on to tell CBS News. “I thought maybe it was a piece of moldy bacon or something. Because they have bacon in them sometimes.”
She picked the mystery chunk from the bowl to inspect it. “I took it out, and it was a toad,” she said, laughing, “with parts of his little legs in the green beans.”
Which is Gloria Chubb’s way of screaming ‘Yowza bixches.’
gawker: Chubb took the can and the dead toad to the St. Joseph County Health Department. Rita Hooten, the department’s food service manager, said the frog was inadvertently picked up during the green bean’s harvest. “When the green beans were picked from the field, [the toad] got put in the conveyor line and accidentally got placed in the can of green beans,” she said.
Meijer, the company that produced the can, gave Chubb a check for $50 and a letter of apology. The company also issued a statement: “We sincerely regret this customer’s experience, and we are in the process of investigating the incident.”
Chubb thinks the company should do more to protect their customers. “I think they should come up with a better way of inspecting and canning vegetables,” she said. “I mean anything can happen you know but a whole frog?”
And now the worst thing of course is that Gloria Chubb never wants to eat green beans ever again. Can anyone guess why?