Audio Eroticism vs Visual Eroticism: How they work and why one may offer more self pleasure, intimacy and going into your mind and exploring your fantasy.
If uncomfortably prolonged closeups and exaggerated moans are ruining your self-care pleasure session, it might be time to tune in to some audio eroticism.
Audio eroticism is an emerging genre of non-visual erotica emphasizing intimacy through audio-sexual stimulation. This includes seductive talk, sound effects, and storylines, leaving the rest to your imagination and fantasies.
Hence, audio eroticism offers a way more intimate and individualized experience.
Today, there are countless talented audio artists and platforms where you can indulge in some audio erotica. But before you dive right into the world of audio erotica, here is what you can expect.
What is Audio Eroticism?
Audio erotica is a nonvisual, auditory-based form of eroticism. It is a type of sexy storytelling for people who like to savor the moans, groans, and seductive talk. Unlike traditional visual or written erotica, audio erotica makes you feel like you’re an active participant instead of a mere spectator.
Additionally, audio erotica is all about the imagination and emphasizes story, emotions, seductive talk, and intimacy. While the audio artist usually guides the storyline, you’re in charge of everything else.
Hence, audio eroticism focuses on the journey to the big O, allowing you to have a more gratifying culmination. Even if you don’t climax, you’ll still come out of it with butterflies in your stomach and a grin on your face.
As a genre, audio erotica is highly versatile. It can be anything from freestyle seductive talk to dramatic readings of elaborate stories. Hence, the genre is versatile for all; you’re bound to find a story or sub-genre that tickles your fancy.
Types of Audio Eroticism
We’re currently in a intimate renaissance with an insurgence in erotic audio. While audio eroticism generally emphasizes audio and sound effects, there are countless ways in which an audio artist can structure and play around with these sounds.
Consequently, audio intimacy has branched out into various subtypes and genres. These genres include:
- Getting off instructions, or JOI audio, is when the audio artist gives specific self-pleasuring instructions to the listener. In this genre, the audio artist typically takes on a dominant role, and the listener assumes the submissive role.
- Point-of-view or POV audio eroticism recreates an audio-sensual experience from the listener’s point of view, incorporating elements of role-playing. Technically, most eroticism is POV since the audio is directed straight at the listener, who feels like they are participating instead of merely spectating.
- ASMR audio eroticism emphasizes certain sounds that trigger a relaxing, tingling sensation in some people. This can include whispers, guttural moaning, squelches, and even a rapid heartbeat as the big O nears. It can also incorporate sound effects of clothes ripping apart and pants unzipping.
- Storytelling or spoken word audio eroticism is a dramatic reading of a sexual story written either by the audio artist or another writer. Some audio artists even invite their listeners to submit their stories for them to read.
- Self-pleasure audios are when the audio artist pleasures themselves and captures the sounds on a microphone. These audios may or may not include suggestive talk but will always emphasize the juicy sound effects.
- Sensual love making audios are made by recording audios of two people being intimate. Unlike traditional visual eroticism, the chances are that the people in audios are having intimate and enjoyable intercourse since they don’t have to focus on theatrics.
Benefits of Audio Eroticism
Eroticism is highly subjective; some people like visual stimulation, while others prefer to tune in to their imagination.
That being said, though, there’s simply no denying that audio stimulation outshines its traditional counterpart in more than a few aspects.
It’s all About the Imagination
Audible eroticism is all about sparking and stretching your sexual imagination. Whereas visual erotica is in-your-face explicit, audio stimulation and suggestion leaves a lot more to the imagination. In other words, there’s plenty of room for you to let the story unfold in your own mind.
While listening to erotica, you’re in charge of what your partner looks like, what you’re wearing, where you are, and so on.
Audible Eroticism is Less Distracting
Compared to mental images, visual stimulation can be extremely distracting. First off, there are the run-of-the-mill sets, poor lighting, awkwardly written characters, drawn-out body closeups, and needlessly gratuitous images.
Moreover, the adult industry sets unreasonable and unrealistic body standards. It’s not easy looking at ‘adult entertainer bodies’ without feeling insecure or unsexy, which can kill the mood.
By comparison, audio eroticism forgoes all these distractions and lets you revel in the moment.
Audible Eroticism is More Intimate
To put it one way, visual erotica is about the destination, whereas audio erotica is about the journey. Instead of being a spectator to a physical act — a voyeur — you get to be a participant. You get to have the intimacy that traditional erotica is unable to reproduce.
Moreover, audio eroticism is way more descriptive and elaborate. It lingers on certain feelings, focuses on dirty talk, and feels way more personal.
Audio Eroticism is Less Exploitative
The exploitative nature of the eroticism industry is no secret. Adult entertainers, particularly its female stars, are routinely subjected to shady contracts, coercion, underpayment, and psychological abuse. Sometimes, the abuse is blatantly physical.
Understandably, this blatant exploitation can be really off-putting.
But with audio eroticism, you have the reassurance of consent. No matter how kinky things get, you’ll know that the audio artist is likely recording of their own volition.
Audible eroticism is more accessible.
For some people, non-visual eroticism is not about preference but about accessibility. Audio eroticism relies solely on audio stimulation, invoking mental instead of visual imagery. Hence, audio eroticism is an inclusive and accessible alternative for people with vision (or other) impairments.
When it comes to eroticism, everyone has their own preferences. But visual eroticism has arguably desensitized us to sex.
Regardless, everyone craves sexual intimacy — the playful teasing, the foreplay, seductive talk, and the vulnerability. Perhaps this is why audio eroticism is becoming so increasingly popular.
By emphasizing all the little things that make love making so fun and enjoyable, audio eroticism offers a way more gratifying and fulfilling physical experience. So if you need a little change of pace, get turned on by tuning in to some great audio erotica.