Connor Betts Dayton high school hit list led to the then Bellbrook High School student being suspended after school went on lockdown after bullying.
The Dayton mass shooting suspect is reported to have once planned to shoot fellow students at high school leading to him being suspended after writing a ‘hit-list’ of girls he wanted to kill on a bathroom wall.
Connor Betts’ former principal, Chris Baker at Bellbrook High School confirmed his suspension to the Dayton Daily News— saying, ‘I would not dispute that information.’
He refused to speak further on what happened.
‘I don’t want to get involved any more than just making that comment,’ Baker told the media outlet.
The incident according to the Dayton Daily News led to the school being put on lockdown at the time.
Former high school classmates: ‘We knew he was he Dayton shooter.’
A woman who attended Bellbrook High School with Betts, 24, said she remembered the hit-list vividly.
‘I guessed it might’ve been him just from that list,’ she said, declining to be identified.
‘I know he made the list,’ the former student at the school added. ‘I’m not sure who the names were on there … He had a plan to shoot up the school.’
The former classmate said Betts had been bullied in high school, but eventually seemed ‘pretty normal’ after getting ‘some help.’
Another person who went to Bellbrook with the Dayton shooting suspect described him as ‘a little bit of an oddball.’
‘He had a dark sense of humor — jokes about dying,’ Demoy Howell told the Daily News. ‘He would wear all black. I remember sensing a dark energy around him.’
Howell added, ‘There was a lockdown one year and it was because he wrote something in the bathroom. Then he kind of fell off the face of the earth. I don’t remember him walking (at graduation).’
Howell later sensed a change in Betts while working together with him at a local fast-food spot.
‘Generally there was no issue,’ Howell said. ‘He kind of kept it together.’
‘I think this is less of a hate crime and more of an ‘I hate everybody’ crime. I honestly feel more comfortable now knowing that he’s gone,’ Howell added.
Nine people were killed and more than twenty six wounded in the Sunday slaughter, which took place just hours after a 21-year-old Texan fatally shot 20 people and injured 26 others at a Walmart in El Paso. Betts was shot and killed by police less than a minute after firing at revelers.
The El Paso shooter, Patrick Crusius ‘peacefully’ surrendered to responding authorities twenty minutes after first entering the shopping mall and unleashing his venom. Officials have indicated they will be seeking a death penalty.