Long Distance Relationships: Are they for you? Common problems that couples can find themselves dealing with and how to make such affairs work.
Getting into a relationship is easy but maintaining it is a task. Things become even more complicated and difficult when you are in a long-distance relationship. Long-distance relationships are pretty hard to maintain. This is one of the many reasons why most people don’t prefer being in one. From insecurities to miscommunication, there are many cons of staying in an LDR, and the toughest is to not meet your partner frequently. Sad, isn’t it?
In this article, we will discuss some of the major problems of a long-distance relationship that couples commonly face. If you think you are the only one who is facing these issues in your relationship, it’s not true. Moreover, this article will help you be cautious if you are planning to get into an LDR. So, let’s start.
- Distance: Being away from each other is the biggest problem of a long-distance relationship. You both could be living in different cities, states, countries, or even time zones, but the struggle is the same. No matter how badly you miss your partner, you cannot meet them whenever you want.
There is no option of going out often, rather the rare instances when you get to see each other have to be planned well in advance. Distance is not good for a relationship. You can grow apart from each other with time, and it’s the worst feeling.
- Miscommunication: Miscommunication is a common problem of long-distance relationships. When you are only connected through your phones or laptops, miscommunication is bound to happen. You cannot meet in-person to resolve an issue, or to discuss things. All you are left with is to solve your problems over chats, video calls, or phone calls. Things are different when you sit and talk face-to-face, but unfortunately, you don’t have that option.
- Insecurities: Insecurities are a part of every relationship, but there are more possibilities of feeling insecure in a long-distance relationship. Your mind can have thousands of negative thoughts when you are not there with your partner. Hence, insecurities creep in even if you want to avoid them. A simple act of your girl or guy going out with someone else can make you feel insecure.
- Less Physical Intimacy: Let’s admit it, sex is an important part of a romantic affair. Getting intimate with your partner is a whole new feeling, and every couple desires to relive it often. But in an LDR, you have to be prepared for living a less physically intimate life with your partner. The only time when you can plan of having sex is when you meet your partner. Other than that, you can only rely on sexting or video sex.
If you are tired of not getting enough love making, check out Dagenham Latina escort reviews. They have gorgeous Latina escorts to complete your incomplete love life. Head on to their website to check out individual escort profiles, or to read escort reviews.
- Uncertainty: Long-distance relationships are full of uncertainties. You are not sure when you will get to meet your partner, how things will take shape between you, or whether you have a future together. On top of that, you will have to bear with the usual remarks of your friends and relatives that long-distance relationships don’t last.
- Fights: Long-distance relationships have endless conflicts and misunderstandings. Every small thing can lead to a big fight in seconds. One of the main reasons for constant fights is the distance. It can lead to frustration and trust issues, and hence the frequent fights.
- Second Thoughts: It is quite common to have second thoughts when you are in a long-distance relationship. Most people in such situations are skeptical about their relationship. They tend to question themselves, and their decision to be in a long-distance relationship. Having second thoughts about your relationship isn’t good. It can lead to separation.
- Monotony: Long distance relationships can seem dull and boring over time. You may feel that there is nothing new to do or talk about. Above all, you cannot even think of taking a break or hanging out with each other because of the distance. Hence, it’s natural to feel bored and disinterested.
- Loneliness: A long-distance relationship can make you feel lonely. It’s normal to feel lonely when you are unable to meet your partner despite being in a relationship. The more you think that you are away from your partner, the lonelier you get. Things get even more out of control when you are in two different time zones as your time schedules are completely different so you have to schedule your chats which can prove to be a challenge at times.
- Trust Issues: There could be trust issues in any relationship, but they are more common when you are in a long-distance relationship. Since you haven’t spent enough time with your partner physically speaking, it’s common to face trust issues.
Relationships need a lot of time and effort to be successful, especially long-distance relationships. Long-distance relationships have a number of problems, and it requires courage to be in them. Staying connected when you are miles apart isn’t easy at all. From feeling frustrated to insecure, you can face a lot of problems when you don’t get to meet your partner often.
At times, the distance can make you grow apart. You may start feeling disinterested in your partner, besides being surrounded by boredom and monotony. Apart from that, there are chances of insecurities, fights, miscommunication, and trust issues that can weaken the bond you share with your partner. So, if you are planning to get into a long-distance relationship, it’s better to be aware of the possible problems. We hope that the problems of LDRs shared in this article will help you make a wise decision.