Creative fun ideas to revitalize your fashion wardrobe & style. From spicing up your look with what you already have, swapping w/ friends, re inventing accessories, including make up.
How often do you get stuck in a rut with your style? It’s something that happens to many of us, and if you are staring at your closet wondering where it all went wrong it’s time for a shake up. Spicing up your wardrobe is a good way to feel fantastic about yourself and it’s a good thing to do to make your wardrobe far more fun!
You can’t always go on a shopping spree, so asking for your parents or your friends to put in so that you can buy rare sneakers to treat yourself this Christmas is always a good idea! You can still revitalize your wardrobe if your budget is less than favorable, and we’ve got some tips for you below to help you to do that.
- Go through every single item in your wardrobe down to your underpants and check the sizes. There is always a chance you’re going to have a whole range of jeans and tops in sizes you don’t even wear “just in case”. Stop taking up closet space for “just in case” and throw everything to one side that isn’t your size anymore. Some of the shirts that are too big can still be used by being cinched up or rolled, but if it’s shapeless, faded and dated, in the pile it goes!
- Ever thought about tie-dye? Those old and tired shirts can be instantly spiced up with some tie-dye and you can choose colors that really reflect you. You don’t have to have everything in a solid block color at all, and tie-dye is a fun, creative way to add a little flare!
- Hold a clothing swap shop with your best friends. All of you can bring the things you no longer want (except the shapeless knickers!) and you can spend some quality time looking through each other’s things for the right sizes and styles that would suit you instead. It’s a nice way to spice up the wardrobe without spending anything at all – except maybe the bottle of wine you bring with you!
- You see that big drawer of tangled accessories? Start going through it and recycle the things that you don’t use very often. You can transform buttons on shirts and pants and weave scarves for a new belt!
- If you have pieces of statement jewelry that can be used, start bringing it to the front of your wardrobe. Color matches it with your shirts so that you can have it to hand and matching for when you want to wear it
- Go through your makeup and beauty drawers and bin those old brushes, powders and old lipsticks. Your makeup is as much a part of your style as your clothing, so get this right and replace it all so that you can feel fresher with new colors to play with, too.
Spicing up your wardrobe is supposed to be fun. Step into a newer, more colorful you with a spiced up style and better confidence!