Crystal Wilsey, Cinnabon worker in Ashwaubenon, Wisconsin, fired after racist episode involving Somali couple as fundraiser is launched defending ‘harassed employee’.
Disconcert has come to the fore after a Cinnabon worker in Ashwaubenon, Wisconsin, was fired after video showed her calling a Somali couple a racial slur, while serving the customer couple along with the worker saying that she ‘is a racist’.
The episode which is thought to have happened earlier this month at the bakery franchise close led to a Fundraiser set up for the fired worker, identified as Crystal Terese Wilsey, raising more than $67K, come Sunday.
Wilsey, 43, of Marinette, was sacked after footage showed the worker at a Cinnabon kiosk in Bay Park Square mall, some ten minutes outside of Green Bay getting into a heated exchange with a Somali couple.
Crystal’s @GiveSendGo ‘fundraising page isn’t telling the full story. Yes the Somalis made it worse, they should have walked away. But what she did sends a message that it’s okay for Christians to be racist. https://t.co/arMBr8GCDh pic.twitter.com/AyD3uRr5zK
— STL Joe 🌿🇺🇦💖🇺🇸🕊♿ (@STLJOE2) December 7, 2025
Cinnabon Wisconsin franchise fires ‘racist’ employee
Video footage, posted on TikTok on December 5, shows Wilsey mocking the woman’s hijab, repeatedly using the N-word and declaring, ‘I am racist,’ before flashing middle fingers and telling the couple to ‘suck it’. The un-identified couple recorded the 29-second confrontation, in which the man warned her, ‘You are fired from this place,’ with the female customer saying, ‘You ruin your life’.
The circulation of video led to social media users condemning the worker and demanding her ouster. Cinnabon in turn, swiftly terminated Wilsey, with the franchise owner confirming the woman’s sacking, stating her behavior is ‘unacceptable’.
‘We are aware of the deeply troubling video involving a former employee at the independently owned and operated Cinnabon bakery in Ashwaubenon, Wisconsin,’ Cinnabon shared in a release with FOX11.
‘The individual seen in the video was immediately terminated by the franchise owner. Their actions and statements are completely unacceptable and in no way reflect the values of Cinnabon, our franchisees, or the welcoming environment we expect for every guest and team member. We take this situation seriously and remain committed to ensuring all guests are treated with dignity, respect, and kindness every time they visit one of our bakeries.’
GiveSendGo Fundraiser launched defending ‘harassed’ Cinnabon worker
But not everybody was on board with Wilsey being let go, leading to the franchise being criticized for sacking the fast food worker and the creation of a GiveSendGo fundraiser being set up for the dismissed worker.
Launched by supporter Tom Hennessy, the GiveSendGo campaign portrays Wilsey as a ‘hardworking white mom’ targeted by ‘intimidation’ from the customers, along with criticizing Cinnabon for siding with ‘the nons’ instead of backing its employee ‘who was harassed’.
States Hennesy in part, ‘We’re not letting this slide. Funds go to making sure Crystal lands on her feet after this betrayal. No White person should lose their job for refusing to be harassed by Somalians.’
Hennesy has framed the fundraiser as resistance to ‘cancel culture’ akin to other cases.
Commenters online remain divided, with critics decrying the donations as enabling racism and supporters viewing it as pushback against provocation.
‘I would order cinnabon five or more times a week, no longer,’ one social media user stated as other people said the company’s response wasn’t ‘American.’
‘Stand with American workers — nobody deserves to be harassed on the job,’ a user posted.
The woman who posted the video to TikTok said in a GoFundMe that the employee made the comments to her cousin and husband, who are Black Somali Muslims.
Wilsey to date has not publicly commented on the episode.
Cinnabon worker dismissal and uproar comes after recent Donald Trump comments
Of note, Wilsey has a lengthy criminal history, including disorderly conduct to drug possession charges over the years, according to public records reviewed by the Daily Mail.
She was charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated in February 2022. That case was dismissed in April of that year, court records showed.
Wilsey was also hit with child endangerment charges that same month and year and was also dismissed.
The Cinnabon episode comes after recent comments made by President Donald Trump who decried the Somali community, alleging widespread fraud in Minnesota’s social services systems.
‘The Somalians should be out of here, they have caused a lot of trouble and contribute nothing. They’ve destroyed our country and all they do is complain, complain, complain.’