The rise of online gambling in the Netherlands and the most popular games and bonuses and promotions among players along with popular payment methods.
Since the Dutch Remote Gambling Act came into effect in 2021, online casino games have become quite popular in the Netherlands. Actually, nearly half of the population has gambled at least once in the previous year. Furthermore, the majority of gamers play for pleasure, but some do it to make some extra cash.
Whether you are a newbie player or an experienced gambler, here are some intriguing facts about online casinos in the Netherlands you could use. Tune in if you want to find out more!
The Gambling Industry In The Netherlands
All forms of gambling in the Netherlands are regulated by the Kansspelautoriteit Gaming Authority (KSA). The KSA is in charge of gambling licenses, and rules, and making sure that all licensed operators follow the law. It also works to protect gamers from unauthorized and illegal operators. Furthermore, the KSA has granted licenses to many overseas operators, but these sites can’t provide services to Dutch players.
Over 21 internet casinos are licensed in the Netherlands. This provides the players with a safe and secure gambling experience. It comes without a question that in order to gamble at a Netherlands online casino, you have to be at least 18 years old.
In recent years, online gambling sites have grown in popularity in the Netherlands. Furthermore, experts predict that the internet gaming business will reach €200 million by the end of 2025. Also, when visiting a Dutch online casino website, many European players are taken by surprise to see so many free-play possibilities. As a result, users can try out a variety of games without having to pay any money.
Dutch players are mostly attracted to slot machines, blackjack, and roulette. In addition to that, the baccarat player base has grown in the last few years. When it comes to poker online Holland casino sites offer variations of the classic game through poker rooms, and there are of course video poker games.
Dutch gamblers’ absolute favorite online casino games are slots. They account for more than 60% of all online casino games in the Netherlands. It is a popular pastime activity in both online and traditional casinos since it offers quick entertainment and easy-to-follow rules.
Popular Payment Methods
Best online casino Netherlands accepts a variety of payment methods. Having a lot of payment options allow the players to fund their accounts quickly and safely. These are some of the most commonly used payment options in any Netherland online casino:
- Credit and debit cards. Visa and MasterCard are widely accepted as payment options. Furthermore, reliable online casinos accept payments via Maestro and Dinner cards.
- Cryptocurrencies. Cryptocurrencies have become increasingly popular with the Dutch population as they offer quick and safe transactions.
- E-wallets. A widely used e-wallet among Dutch players is iDeal. It allows users to make deposits directly from their bank account.
- PaySafeCard. This is an alternative to a credit or debit card. It is a prepaid card that player can buy from various retailers in the Netherlands.
A Variety of Bonuses and Promotions
The majority of Dutch online casinos provide a wide variety of bonuses and promotions. Of course, it varies by operator, but here are some of the most popular bonuses that a casino can offer.
- Welcome bonus. Players get welcome bonuses when they create an account and make their first deposit.
- No deposit bonuses. The best thing about these incentives is that you do not need to make a deposit to receive a bonus.
- Deposit bonus. These bonuses are offered when you make a deposit.
- Free spins: A gambling site can offer you a set of free spins that you can use on one or more slot machines.
- Loyalty programs. As a thank you, the operator offers loyalty programs to its most active gamers.
As you can see, there are many reasons why so many European players are interested in Dutch online casinos. The market is still fresh, and operators are eager to compete. As a result, it’s common to find above-average user incentives. Now all that remains is to see what lies in the future of this industry in the Netherlands.