Actress Olivia Wilde has defended her decision to post a naked cowboy photo of her son Otis on instagram after followers criticized the woman for her poor taste.
In the photo, which the 31 year old actress posted on Monday, the woman shared what she believed to be a well intentioned good humored image of her one year old son Otis in his bare bottom, captioning the image, ‘Naked Cowboy.’
Unfortunately for the actress, the image didn’t necessarily go down too well with her 700 000 followers, with some questioning whether Wilde had sexualized the child and others decrying the actresses failure to adhere to modesty becoming of her status as a world class actress.
Told one commenter: ‘Just not smart! Too many creeps out there! Take a Polaroid and keep it in a photo album to show family and friends! Not the public!’
Bantered followers under the image:
- terryborondyEveryone grow up!
- lzrickmanI think this is SO adorable!!!#getagrippeople
- angeibozPiss of weirdos and warmongers, it’s an adorable baby picture.
- poppa_duz_tai_chiHumans have butts?? Who would have thought!
- natistephlovely baby ♡
- mbmaxbertiniVery nice picture! Nothing else
- abusybeeslifeAnyone who thinks this picture is in any way sexual has a serious problem! The picture is great ?
- jermaine0292Lol #lbc brought me here. Nothing wrong with photo. Don’t listen to the prudes… ?
- jaf1960Absolutely one of the cutest pictures I have seen in a long time!
Since the umbrage, the actress has updated the caption to read ‘Naked Cowboy (apparently unsuitable for those unaware that humans have butts).’
What do you think? Did the mother go too far? Doesn’t she have the right to see fit how she presents her children and self to the world? And whose to say anyone is obliged to follow the dictums and moral tastes of others. Even if those others are your followers who hold you to a higher standing?