‘What a way to go’, have been some of the slew of comments flying on social media after reports that a Canadian couple, Charles McKenzie, 67 and his wife, Dorothy, 63 have come to die after having sex at a Mexican hotel hot tub earlier this week.
According to a report via The Toronto Star, the couple’s unwitting deaths came two before they were set to witness their daughter’s wedding nuptials.
The bride’s father died after suffering a heart attack in the tub at luxury Playacar Palace hotel in Playa del Carmen, leading to the man’s wife, Dorothy drowning moments later.
The woman’s death, according to an autopsy report came as the ‘slender’ woman was squashed by her dying husband’s body, resulting in her death from ‘asphyxiation by submersion’.
Yes kids, kinky has its lethal place, even on holiday getaways.
The couple’s death would be reported by their 35 year old daughter who came upon her parent’s bodies at 10am on Tuesday.
Officials said the couple likely died either in the early hours that morning, or late the night before, with no signs of forced entry or disorder in the room when it was investigated by police.
Although it was initially feared that the couple may have been killed due to an electrical fault, an autopsy later showed that Charles McKenzie died from a heart attack, while the wife was ruled dying from drowning.
The couple, both from Baddeck, Nova Scotia, had traveled to Mexico for their daughter’s wedding, and were staying on the fourth floor of the hotel in Quintana Roo when the tragedy occurred.
Speaking to The Canadian Press earlier this week, Mrs McKenzie’s brother, Douglas Hastings, said he didn’t know whether the wedding would be cancelled following the bride’s parents’ deaths.
Told the bride’s uncle: ‘I know that they’re more concerned about the remains and cremation and things like that. I don’t really know about the wedding,’
‘If it had gone ahead as planned, the wedding would have taken place today.’
Responding to the incident, hotel spokesman, David Rubeo dismissed reports that the couple may have been electrocuted in the tub, insisting: ‘All the equipment was working perfectly. What the family mentioned was a heart attack.’
Consular officials are helping the couple’s loved ones to deal with the tragedy.