Todd Fassler a local San Diego man has had to come up with an impressive $150K hospital bill after being bitten by a rattlesnake during a failed bid to take a ‘perfect selfie’ with the snake (see the delicious video below).
So serious were the man’s injuries that Fassler ( a self confessed former rattlesnake pet owner) told followers on reddit how doctors went through anti venom stashes at two different hospitals in a bid to treat him.
A posting of the man’s injuries via reddit under the user handle Dan_Haggerty led to the following price breakdown:
$83,341 pharmacy bill, a $22,433 charge for laboratory services, a $17,766 intensive care charge, among others. In total, the hospital trip cost the bite victim a total of $153,161.25.
Responded aghast reddit users: