Published on May 17th, 2012 | by Scallywag1
The uber rise of Ashley Smith, hawt bixch model.
Ashley Smith has been making a steady name for herself in high fashion editorial spreads and big brand name campaigns. The reason why may not be so immediately obvious, but the more you look at this hawt bixch smile, it all becomes apparent. Which is frankly the way I like it- conventional fashion houses and media outlets can go and fxck themselves cause it’s girls like Ashley that really make so many of us gush.
Interestingly in a 2010 interview with fashionista the model goes on to mention that the gaps between her teeth did cause her some unease as a youth, and she had even envisioned fixing it but never had all the money all at once which led to her being plucked out one day at a music festival where she now uses her wonderful eccentric smile to make one assumes a bit of cash and then some.
A true indie favorite and I am personally glad that the bigger media outlets are stepping up and using this un conventional beauty.
Any way here’s a snippet of the latest spread for Ashley via fashioonerogue, which throws up in the air what counts as conventional beauty in the strange world of fashion.
Recent career highlights since being discovered in 2009 include:
Appears in editorials for Italian Vogue, Russian Vogue, Allure, and Numero
- Appears in i-D editorial, photographed by Paola Kudacki
- Becomes the face of T by Alexander Wang
- Featured on the cover of French Revue de Modes, photographed by Theirry Le Goues.
- FEB 2011
- Closes for the fall Vivienne Westwood show in Paris
- MAY 2011
- Appears in Italian Vogue editorial, photographed by Miles Aldridge.
- Signs contract with Diesel Loverdose fragrance
- DEC 2011
- Appears in Elle editorial, photographed by KT Auleta
- Models for the Diesel spring ad campaign